Let’s
start with the good news. Today (I wrote this yesterday, 2020 March 11) I
weighed in at 279.8 lbs, in only my calzones, which was the first time for me
under 280 since 2013. Last February,
right before Bianca came to stay with us with us, I weighed 326 when I weighed
in at Pound Melters. So that makes a 46
pound loss, and I am hoping to get to 50 lbs by March 22, which is one year
from when Bianca came to stay with us.
Also
more good news, she told us that she does want us to adopt her, so her social
worker with tell this to the judge when they meet next in May. We are so excited.
What got
me thinking about my blog today? Well, this morning I went to the
podiatrist. Dr. Fitzgerald has
officially retired due to an injury, so I saw Dr. Joba again. He confirmed that my Good Feet Store
orthotics are better than the first plastic orthotics I use from 1995, which
also have the largest arch support of any orthotics I have ever had made by a
podiatrist (several pairs from 1995 through 2008, last made in Colorado),
although he did make a temporary padding adjustment to the outer heels of the
black GFS orthotic pair that I brought in.
I went in as my California temporary parking placard expired on 2020
March 1, and I am missing it, and yes, my feet hurt just as much after losing
46 lbs as before. Once they mail me the
signed docs, I can take into AAA office here in Petaluma and get a new placard
for $6. Using AAA office in September
was so much better than trying to visit the CA DMV.
So Now I
can go back in time to September, October and November.
Our 17th Anniversary was somewhat uneventful, which is good
because this means that specifically we were able to go to Cattlemen’s in Santa
Rosa for dinner, and leave B at home, and all went well: there were no shenanigans with her phone. B doesn’t do well generally being alone for a
long time. She gets a little scared, and
she gets bored, and she then makes teenager decisions, so scared/bored don't
generally prompt good results.
October
had a crazy fire season, including the Kincaid fire affecting our area. PG&E was also preemptively was turning off
people’s power all throughout Sonoma County.
Our home, and more importantly, our ward building, was in a tiny little circle of electrical power the whole time and as such, we
served as the Red Cross responder building’s headquarters for approximately 10
days. On October 27, we had a Sacrament
meeting that ended right after President Hollingsworth speaking for about 10
minutes. There were evacuated members
from Santa Rosa and Sebastopol in attendance, including the Santa Rosa mission
president. His sons, and several missionaries
were among some dressed in their pajamas, administering the sacrament. The evacuees were only there that night and
went home that afternoon. The Red Cross
staffers bunked down in our building, and luckily there was an RM named Spencer
that was a Red Cross staffer, who was our liaison, smoothing out the whole process. I have one souvenir Anheiser Busch water can
(non-carbonated tap water) left in my bishop’s
office. It may be one of the only times
since 1980 that coffee could be easily had in our building.
What do
I remember about November? Pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment