I can't believe three holidays came & went yust like dat!
For Thanksgiving we drove out to Utah to celebrate with the Smiths, as well as my parents & brother Steven. who had driven out from California. It would have been really nice to see the whole fam-damily, but a bigger house would definitely have been needed. Karen did make a 24 pound bird though, so there might have been enough food.
We left after work @4 pm on Tuesday, & drove about 4 hours & stayed the night in a Rawlins, Wyoming hotel. The stay was free as I used my Hilton points accrued during my travels at Blue Horseshoe, There was tremendous wind gusts that night (over 65+ mph), and we saw two big rigs that had been blown over on the side of the road. The next day, the winds were calmer at 50+ mph, and we completed our trip to Lehi, where we greeted everyone & then went to In & Out Burger for Lunner.
Highlights for the trip that I can remember over a month later now, were being with family, going to Trevor's deacon ordination, great food & cookies, a game of expanded version of Shadows Over Camelot (where Trevor was the traitor, so fooling his father, i.e. "my son has such a kind heart"...ahem), shopping trips, a miserable Seattle vs. Niners Thurs. Night Football game, and our introduction to Austenland. Rebecca loved it so much she asked for it for Christmas. Low-lights included me thinking I left my N7 zippered hoodie in Wyoming, and the people at Byron's boarding place freaking out & transferring him to a different facility. That is all.
We had to leave on Sunday morning Dec. 01, so on the way back, we did go through a couple of snowstorms in Wyoming (we hates I-80 weather), asking a rest stop if there was said N7 hoodie in the Lost & Found, and a frantic construction detour through Fort Collins to pick up our dog at the new boarding facility before they closed for the evening. Then of course we got home & found my hoodie on the kitchen table. Luckily though we got home @7 pm, so we were able to have some time that evening to get ready for the new week.
And I had to prep with the knowledge that I would fly to Portland the very next Sunday for a business trip. Thus endeth Part One. My lunch break is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment